10 Steps to Creating Organization and Structure
Have you considered the benefits of structure in your life? Think of the structure of your life as much like the base of a building. Organization provides a strong foundation so you can function safely and efficiently each day.
Of course, you’ll experience times that require you to be flexible, but can you depend on your internal structure and orderliness to help you get through anything?
Recognize how orderliness can make your life better:
- Structure makes your life predictable. You think, “I know how this is going to go so I don’t have to worry about it.” And that’s kind of nice.
- Orderliness helps you speed through routine tasks, practically without thinking. Many of your day-to-day actions become automatic when you build in structure. There’s something comforting about performing repeating tasks “on automatic,” without thinking.
- When everything has its place, you don’t have to spend time searching for things. Have you ever spent an entire hour looking for your stamps or stapler? What about your keys? When you’ve established special places for these things, you’ll re-capture time lost scurrying around to find them.
- Structure brings tranquility to your life. Your existence is calmer and you feel more at peace when there’s a certain amount of orderliness. Upon arriving home to your structured space, you’re swept away with feelings of serenity.
- No matter how rough your work day, you can walk into the door of an orderly home and feel relaxed and safe.
- Orderliness discourages you from over-spending. If you spend too much money on stuff you’re unsure you’ll use, bringing some organization and structure into your home means you’ll save more money for the things you really want.
- When you have structure, you know what to do and when. You’re more efficient when you allow your sense of orderliness to sometimes dictate your actions. You have the confidence of what to do next.
- Your appearance will improve. With organization, you’ll have more time to spend on your appearance plus you’ll be able to find your accessories, such as belts, jewelry, and make-up quickly. Taking more care with your appearance is easy when you’re well-organized. Try it and see.
- More spare time to do what brings you joy is a great perk. Structure equals more time to take part in activities that soothe your soul. When you’re orderly, you’ll read more books, take more walks, paint more pictures, or enjoy other hobbies more often.
- You’ll take pride in your home. This issue is complex: are you proud because you’re structured or orderly because you’re proud of yourself? Whichever the case, it will be less stress on you to entertain friends and family. You’ll truly feel proud about the condition of your home. And that’s worth a lot!
- Others will envy you. The vast majority of people yearn to have the skills to get their life organized. People will look up to you because you present a motivating picture of what life can look like whenever one applies structure to his life.
Consider life to be a winding journey. You have some control over the direction your life takes. Why not infuse some orderliness and structure into it as well?
Achieve the life you deserve by creating structure in your life. You’ll see you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.